Afghani Mutton Gravy
Afghani Mutton Gravy Recipe
1. Mutton mix boti 500g
2. Namak (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
3. Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) ½ tbs
4. Water 1 Cup or as required
5. Sabut kali mirch (Black peppercorns) 1 tbs
6. Zeera (Cumin seeds) 1 tbs
7. Badi elaichi (Black cardamom) 1
8. Hari elaichi (Green cardamom) 2-3
9. Darchini (Cinnamon stick) 1
10. Laung (Cloves) 2
11. Jaifil (Nutmeg) ¼ piece
12. Javitri (Mace) 1 blade
13. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped handful
14. Pyaz (Onion) 1 medium
15. Hari mirch (Green chillies) 6-8
16. Adrak (Ginger) 1 inch piece
17. Lehsan (Garlic) cloves 9-10
18. Water ½ Cup or as required
19. Dahi (Yogurt) whisked 1 Cup
20. Cream ¾ Cup
21. Cooking oil 3-4 tbs
22. Cooking oil 2 tbs
23. Namak (Salt) ½ tsp or to taste
24. Lemon juice ½ tbs
25. Kasuri methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) 1 tsp
26. Koyla (Charcoal) for smoke
27. Hari mirch (Green chilli) sliced
28. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped
1. In a wok,add mutton,salt,ginger garlic paste & mix well until it changes color.
2. Add water and mix well,cover & cook on low flame until 3/4th done (approx. 35 minutes) then cook on high flame until dries up & set aside.
3. In a spice mixer,add black peppercorns,cumin seeds,black cardamom,green cardamom,cinnamon stick, cloves,nutmeg and mace,grind to make powder & set aside.
4. In a blender jug,add fresh coriander,onion,green chillies,ginger,garlic and water,blend well & set aside.
5. In a bowl,add yogurt,cream,blended mixture,ground spices & mix well.
6. Add cooked mutton & mix well,cover & marinate for 30 minutes.
7. In the same wok,add cooking oil and fry marinated mutton pieces on medium flame from all sides until golden brown & set aside.
8. Reserve remaining marinade for later use.
9. In the same wok,add cooking oil,add reserved marinade and bring it to boil,cover & cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
10. Add salt,lemon juice,dried fenugreek leaves & mix well.
11. Add fried mutton & mix well,cover & cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes then cook on high flame until separates.
12. Turn off the flame and give coal smoke for 2-3 minutes.
13. Garnish with green chilli,fresh coriander and serve with naan.