BBQ CHICKEN KARAHI
BBQ CHICKEN KARAHI Recipe
1. Zeera (Cumin seeds) ½ tbs
2. Dhania (Coriander seeds) ½ tbs
3. Laung (Cloves) 5-6
4. Badiyan ka phool (Star anise) ½
5. Sabut lal mirch (Whole red chilies) 4-5
6. Simply sufi breast fillets ½ kg
7. Dahi (Yogurt) 3 tbs
8. Cream 1 & ½ tbs
9. Lemon juice 2 tbs
10. Lehsan paste (Garlic paste) 2 tsp
11. Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) ¼ tsp
12. Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder) 1 tsp or to taste
13. Garam masala powder ½ tsp
14. Namak (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
15. Sufi cooking oil 1 tbs
16. Koyla (Charcoal) for smoke
17. Sufi cooking oil 3-4 tbs
18. Adrak (Ginger) julienne 1 tbs
19. Hari mirch (Green chilies) sliced 1-2
20. Tamatar (Tomatoes) sliced 300 gms
21. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped 1 tbs
22. Hari mirch (Green chili) chopped
23. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped
24. Adrak (Ginger) julienne
1. In spice mixer,add cumin seeds,coriander seeds,cloves,star anise,whole red chilies and grind to make coarse powder & set aside.
2. Cut chicken fillets into cubes then wash & pat dry.
3. In chicken,add yogurt,cream,lemon juice,garlic paste,turmeric powder,red chili powder,garam masala powder,salt,mix well and marinate for 15 minutes.
4. In wok,add sufi cooking oil and chicken,mix well and cook on medium flame for 12-15 minutes.
5. Give a charcoal smoke for 2 minutes.
6. In the middle of the wok,add sufi cooking oil,ginger,green chilies and fry for 2 minutes.
7. Now add ground spices and mix well.
8. Add tomatoes,cover and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes then cook on high flame until oil separates and mash tomatoes well.
9. Add fresh coriander and mix.
10. Garnish with green chili,fresh coriander,ginger & serve!