Brown Rice Biryani
Brown Rice Biryani Recipe
1. Water as required
2. Namak (Salt) 1 tbs or to taste
3. Falak Organic Brown Basmati rice 500g
4. Tamatar (Tomatoes) sliced 3 medium
5. Pyaz (Onion) fried ½ Cup
6. Podina (Mint leaves) chopped 1 Cup
7. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped 1 Cup
8. Aloo bukhara (Dried plums) 8-10
9. Hari mirch (Green chillies) 3-4
10. Zeera (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed ½ tbs
11. Lemon juice 1 tbs
12. Water 500ml -Chicken mix boti 500g
13. Lal mirch powder (Red chilli powder) ½ tbs or to taste
14. Dhania powder (Coriander powder) 1 tbs
15. Haldi powder (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
16. Namak (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
17. Garam masala powder 1 tsp
18. Javitri powder (Mace powder) ¼ tsp
19. Jaifil powder (Nutmeg powder) ¼ tsp
20. Chicken powder 2 tbs
21. Sabut kali mirch (Black peppercorns) ½ tsp
22. Badi elaichi (Black cardamom) 1
23. Zeera (Cumin seeds) 1 tsp
24. Laung (Cloves) 3-4
25. Tez paat (Bay leaf) 1
26. Darchini (Cinnamon sticks) 2
27. Badiyan ka phool (Star anise) 1
28. Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) 2 tbs
29. Olive oil 3 tbs -Kewra water 1 tbs
30. Zarda ka rang (Yellow food color) ½ tsp
1. In a bowl, add brown rice, water, wash thoroughly and soak for 30-40 minutes then strain soaked rice & set aside.
2. In a pot, add water and heat it.
3. Add salt and bring it to boil.
4. Add soaked brown rice, mix well & cook on high flame for 10 minutes then 10 minutes on medium-low flame until 3/4th done then strain & set aside.
5. In a bowl, add tomatoes, fried onion, mint leaves, fresh coriander, dried plums, green chilies, cumin seeds, lemon juice, mix well & set aside.
6. In a pot, add water, chicken mix boti, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt,garam masala powder, mace powder, nutmeg powder, chicken powder, black peppercorns, black cardamom, cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, star anise, ginger garlic paste, olive oil, mix well & bring it to boil, cover partially & cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes then cook on high flame approx. 1 cup of water is left.
7. Now add tomatoes & onion mixture, kewra water, yellow food color, boiled brown rice, cover & simmer on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
8. Serve with salad & yogurt raita!