Fish Kofta Recipe
1. Boiling water as required
2. Fresh water fish 500 gms
3. Pyaz (Onion) chopped ¼ Cup
4. Hari mirch (Green chilies) chopped 1-2
5. Baisan (Gram flour) roasted 2 tbs
6. Namak (Salt) ½ tsp or to taste
7. Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder) ½ tsp or to taste
8. Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
9. Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) ½ tbs
10. Ajwain (Carom seeds) ¼ tsp
11. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped 2-3 tbs
12. Anda (Egg) 1
13. Cooking oil for frying
14. Cooking oil 2 tbs
15. Hari elaichi (Green cardamom) 2
16. Laung (Cloves) 2-3
17. Darchini (Cinnamon stick) 2
18. Pyaz (Onion) grinded 1 large
19. Tamatar (Tomatoes) grinded 2-3 large
20. Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) 1 tsp
21. Namak (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
22. Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
23. Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder) 1 tsp or to taste
24. Badam (Almonds) grinded 8-10 with 1-2 tbs water
25. Pani (Water) 1 & ½ Cups or -Hari mirch (Green chilies) chopped 1-2
26. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped
1. In boiling water,place strainer,add fresh water fish and boil for 3-4 minutes then strain & let it cool.
2. Remove fish bones & set aside the remaining fish meat in a bowl.
3. Add onion,green chili,gram flour,salt,red chili powder,turmeric powder,ginger garlic paste,carom seeds, fresh coriander,egg and mix until well combined.
4. Take a mixture and makes fish koftay of equal sizes (makes 12).
5. In wok,heat cooking oil and fry koftay and fry until golden.
6. In pot,add cooking oil,green cardamom,cloves,cinnamon sticks and mix.
7. Add onion,mix well and cook until light brown.
8. Add tomatoes and mix well.
9. Add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
10. Add salt,turmeric powder,red chili powder and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
11. Add grinded almond and mix well. -Add water,mix well and bring it to boil.
12. Now add fried fish koftay and mix gently.
13. Add green chili and fresh coriander,cover and cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes & serve!