1. Water 2-3 liters
2. Jau (Barley) ¾ cup soaked overnight
3. Gandum /Gehu (Wheat) 1 & ¼ cup soaked overnight
4. Baking soda ½ tsp
5. Oil 2-3 tbs
6. drak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) 2 tsp
7. Boneless chicken ½ kg
8. Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder) 1 tbs or to taste
9. Dhania powder (Coriander powder) ½ tbs
10. Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) 1 tsp
11. Hari mirch (Green chili) Chopped 1 tbs
12. Namak (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
13. Dahi (Yogurt) 1 cup
14. Pyaz (Onion) Fried 3 tbs
15. Chicken cubes 2
16. Namak (Salt) If required -Pani (Water) Boiled (optional)
17. Garam masala powder (Whole spice powder) 1 tsp
18. Jaifil & javitri powder (Nutmeg & mace powder) ½ tsp
19. Chat masala as required
21. Pyaz (Onion) Sliced 1
22. Pyaz (Onion) Fried
23. Hari mirch (Green chili)
24. Hara dhania (Green coriander)
25. Adrak (Ginger) julienne
26. Chaat masala 1 tsp or as required
27. Leemo (Lemon)
1. In pot,add water,barley,wheat and bring it to boil,let it simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Add baking soda,cover and cook till tender (approximately: 1 & ½ hour).
3. In wok,add oil,ginger garlic paste,boneless chicken,fry until it changes color.
4. Add red chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,green chili,salt,yogurt and cook until chicken is done.
5. Add fried onion,mix well,shred cooked chicken and set aside.
6. Blend barley and wheat mixture until smooth,add cooked chicken and chicken cubes,mix until well combined.
7. Add salt and boiled water if haleem is too thick (optional) and blend again.
8. Add whole spice powder,nutmeg & mace powder and chaat masala.
9. In frying pan,add oil and onion,fry until golden brown,add fried onion in haleem mixture and mix well.
10. For garnishing,add fried onion,green chili,green coriander,ginger,chaat masala and lemon juice.