Lebanese Hashweh Rice
Lebanese Hashweh RiceRecipe
1. Olive oil 2-3 tbs
2. Makhan (Butter) 2-3 tbs
3. Pyaz (Onion) chopped 1 large
4. Lehsan (Garlic) chopped 1 tbs
5. Beef qeema (Mince) lean ½ kg
6. Namak (Salt) 2 tsp or to taste
7. Kali mirch (Black pepper) crushed 1 tsp
8. Chawal (Rice) basmati 2 Cups (soaked for 10 minutes)
9. Water 3.5 Cups or as required
10. Laung powder (Clove powder) ¼ tsp
11. Darchini powder (Cinnamon powder) 1 tsp
12. All spices 1 tsp
13. Olive oil 1 tbs
14. Badam (Almonds) peeled & sliced ½ Cup
15. Pine nuts ¼ Cup
16. Kali kishmish (Black raisins) ¼ Cup (washed & soaked for 5 minutes)
1. In pot,add olive oil,butter and let it melt.
2. Add onion,garlic and sauté until for a minute.
3. Add beef mince and mix well until it changes color.
4. Add salt,black pepper crushed,mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add rice,mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add water and mix well.
7. Add clove powder,cinnamon powder,all spices and mix well,cook on medium high flame until water is reduced (4-5 minutes),cover & steam cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
8. Turn off the flame and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
9. In frying pan,add olive oil,almonds,pine nuts,black raisins and fry until golden.
⦁ In a bowl,add fried nuts (reserve 2-3 tbs for garnishing),cooked rice and press gently,upside down on serving plate. -Garnish with reserved fried nuts,fresh parsley & serve!