Makhloubeh rice Recipe
1. Dhania (Coriander seeds) ½ tbs
2. Zeera (Cumin seeds) ½ tbs
3. Laung (Cloves) ½ tsp
4. Hari elaichi (Green cardamom) 14-15
5. Darchini (Cinnamon stick) 1
6. Sabut kali mirch (Black pepper corns) ½ tbs
7. Dried lemon/Lime 2
8. Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) 1 tsp
9. Oil ¼ Cup
10. Pyaz (Onion) cubes 1 large
11. Lehsan (Garlic) cloves 5-6
12. Mutton large pieces 700 gms
13. Kali mirch powder (Black pepper powder) ½ tsp
14. Namak (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
15. Special spice mix 3 tbs
16. Pani (Water) 5-6 Cups
17. Dried lemon/Lime 1 -Oil 1 tbs
18. Tomato paste 2 tbs
19. Namak (Salt) ½ tsp
20. Special spice mix 1 tsp
21. Pani (Water) 2-3 tbs
22. Chawal (Rice) Basmati ½ kg (soaked for 1 hour)
23. Namak (Salt) ½ tsp or to taste
24. Oil 1 tbs -Tomato paste 2 tbs
25. Namak (Salt) ½ tsp
26. Special spice mix 1 tsp
27. Pani (Water) 2-3 tbs
29. Oil 1 tbs
30. Baigan (Egg plants) deep fried slices
31. Aloo (Potatoes) deep fried slices
32. Tamatar (Tomatoes) sauté in 1 tbs oil
33. yaz (Onion) sauté in 1 tbs oil
34. Shimla mirch (Capsicum) sauté in 1 tbs oil
35. Cooked meat
36. Tomato flavored rice
37. Remaining cooked rice
38. Pani (Water) 1-2 tbs
For Special spice mix:
1. In frying pan,add coriander seeds,cumin seeds,cloves,green cardamom,cinnamon stick,black pepper corns,dried lemon/lime and roast until fragrant,set aside & let it cool.
2. In spice mill,add roasted spices and grind well.
3. Sift the grinded powder spices,add turmeric powder and mix well & set aside.
4. In pot,add oil and onion,garlic cloves and sauté until translucent.
5. Add mutton and mix well for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add black pepper powder,salt and 3 tbs of special spice mix & mix well.
7. Add water,dried lemon/lime,mix well and bring it to boil,cover and cook until meat is tender (40-50 minutes).
8. In frying pan,add oil and tomato paste,salt,1 tsp of special spice mix,water and mix well,cook for 2 minutes and set aside.
9. Remove the cooked meat,dried lemon and set aside.
10. Add basmati rice and mix well,add salt and mix,bring it to boil,cover & cook on low flame until water is reduced.
11. Remove half quantity of cooked rice and set aside.
12. Add tomato sauce in the remaining cooked rice and mix well & set aside.
1. In pot,grease bottom with oil,place deep fried eggplant slices,fried potato slices,fried tomato slices,fried capsicum and fried onion rings.
2. Add cooked meat,fried capsicum,fried tomato,add layer of tomato flavored rice and press gently.
3. Now add deep fried potato slices,deep fried eggplant slices,fried onion rings,fried capsicum and add a layer of remaining cooked rice and press gently.
4. Drizzle water,cover and steam cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes.