MANGO BARFI Recipe
1. Aam (Mangoes) cubes 2-3 medium
2. Badam (Almonds) 10-12
3. Kaju (Cashew nuts) 10-12
4. Ghee 2 tbs
5. Khoya 250g
6. Sugar 4 tbs or to taste
7. Elaichi powder (Cardamom powder) ½ tsp
8. Sukha nariyal (Desiccated coconut) 2 Cups
9. Chandi warq (Edible silver leaves)
10. Pista (Pistachios) sliced
1. In a blender jug,add mangoes & blend to puree mangoes & set aside.
2. In a grinder,add almonds,cashew nuts & grind to make powder & set aside.
3. In a wok,add ghee & let it melt. -Add mango puree (approx. 1 & ½ Cup),mix well & cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add khoya & mix until well combined.
5. Add sugar,cardamom powder,almonds & cashew powder,desiccated coconut,mix well & cook on low flame until it leaves the sides of the pot (10-12 minutes).
6. On greased dish or mold,add prepared mixture and spread evenly.
7. Garnish with edible silver leaves,sprinkle pistachios & press gently.
8. Cut in desired pieces,let it set for 3-4 hours & serve!