Masala Karachi Biryani rice
Masala Karachi Biryani rice Recipe
1. Basmati Rice 500g
2. Water as required
3. Boiling water as required
4. Namak (Salt) 1 tbs
5. Sirka (Vinegar) 2 tbs
6. Cooking oil 2 tsp
7. Hari mirch (Green chillies) 5-6
8. Adrak (Ginger) 1 inch piece
9. Lehsan (Garlic) 7-8 cloves
10. Water 2-3 tbs -Cooking oil ½ Cup
11. Zeera (Cumin seeds) ½ tbs
12. Badi elaichi (Black cardamom) 1
13. Badiyan ka phool (Star anise) 1
14. Darchini (Cinnamon sticks) 2
15. Laung (Cloves) 2-3
16. Sabut kali mirch (Black peppercorns) ½ tsp
17. Hari elaichi (Green cardamom) 3
18. Tamatar (Tomatoes) sliced 2 medium
19. Water 1 Cup or as required
20. Namak (Salt) ½ tbs or to taste
21. Lal mirch powder (Red chilli powder) ½ tbs or to taste
22. Haldi powder (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
23. Garam masala powder 1 tsp
24. Chicken stock cube 1
25. Aalo (Potatoes) peeled 250g
26. Aalo bukhara (Dried plums) 8-10
27. Dahi (Yogurt) whisked ¼ Cup
28. Lemon juice 3 tbs
29. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped 1-2 tbs
30. Podina (Mint leaves) chopped 1-2 tbs
31. Chicken ½ kg -Zarda ka rang (Food color) ½ tsp
32. Tamatar (Tomato) sliced 1 medium
33. Lemon slices 3-4
34. Hari mirch (Green chillies) 4-5
35. Podina (Mint leaves) chopped 2 tbs
36. Javitri powder (Mace powder) ¼ tsp
37. Zeera (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed ½ tbs
38. Jaifil powder (Nutmeg powder) ¼ tsp
39. Cooking oil 2 tbs
1. In a bowl,add rice,water,wash thoroughly and soak for 20 minutes then strain soaked rice & set aside.
2. In boiling water,add salt,vinegar,cooking oil and mix well.
3. Add soaked rice,mix well & boil until 3/4th done (8-10 minutes) then strain & set aside.
4. In spice mixer,add green chillies,ginger,garlic and water,blend well to make paste & set aside.
5. In a pot,add cooking oil,cumin seeds,black cardamom,star anise,cinnamon sticks,cloves,black peppercorns,green cardamom,tomatoes,ground chilli paste and mix well.
6. Add water,cover & cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
7. Add salt,red chilli powder,turmeric powder,garam masala powder,chicken stock cube and mix well.
8. Add potatoes and mix well,cover and cook on medium flame until potatoes are half done (8-10 minutes).
9. Add dried plums,yogurt,lemon juice and mix well.
10. Add fresh coriander,mint leaves and mix well.
11. Add chicken,mix well and cook on high flame for 8-10 minutes.
12. Add food color and mix well.
13. Add tomato,lemon slices,green chillies and mint leaves.
14. In small bowl,add mace powder,cumin seeds,nutmeg powder and mix well.
15. In pot,add half quantity of spice mix,boiled rice,remaining spice mix and boiled rice,cooking oil,cover and steam cook on low flame for 12-15 minutes.
16. Serve with raita & salad!