Mutton Khichra Recipe
1. Gandum (Wheat) 1 Cup (soaked overnight)
2. Chawal (Rice) Tota ¼ Cup (soaked for 30 minutes)
3. Water 1 & ½ litre or as required
4. Moong daal (Yellow lentil) ¼ Cup (soaked for 1 hour)
5. Masoor daal (Red lentil) ¼ Cup (soaked for 1 hour)
6. Chana daal (Split bengal gram) ¼ Cup (soaked for 1 hour)
7. Mash daal (White lentil) ¼ Cup (soaked for 1 hour)
8. Hot water 1 litre
9. Cooking oil 1 Cup
10. Pyaz (Onion) sliced 3 medium
11. Boneless mutton ½ kg
12. Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) 1 & ½ tbs
13. Namak (Salt) ½ tbs or to taste
14. Lal mirch powder (Red chilli powder) 1 tbs or to taste
15. Dhania powder (Coriander powder) 1 & ½ tbs
16. Haldi powder (Turmeric powder) 1 tsp
17. Kali mirch (Black pepper) crushed 1 & ½ tsp
18. Garam masala powder 1 tsp
19. Dahi (Yogurt) whisked 1 Cup
20. Water 1 Cup
21. Hot water ½ Cup or as required
22. Pyaz (Onion) fried handful
23. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped 2-3 tbs
24. Pyaz (Onion) fried
25. Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped
26. Hari mirch (Green chillies) sliced
27. Lemon -Chaat masala
1. In a pot,add wheat,rice,water,mix well & bring it to boil.
2. Remove scum,cover & cook on low flame until its half done (50-60 minutes).
3. Add yellow lentil,red lentil,split Bengal gram,white lentil & mix well.
4. Add hot water,mix well and bring it to boil,cover & cook on low flame until lentils are tender (50-60 minutes) and keep mixing in between.
5. In a pot,add cooking oil,onion & fry on medium flame until golden brown.
6. Take out half quantity & reserve for later use.
7. In remaining fried onion,add mutton boneless and mix well until it changes color.
8. Add ginger garlic paste,salt,red chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,black pepper crushed, garam masala powder,mix well & cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
9. On low flame,add yogurt,mix well & cook on medium flame until oil separates (8-10 minutes).
10. Add water,mix well & bring it to boil,cover & cook until meat is tender (35-40 minutes) & set aside.
11. Turn off the flame & let it rest for 8-10 minutes.
12. Now add prepared cooked mutton with gravy,mix well and blend coarsely with the help of hand blender.
13. Turn on the flame,add hot water,mix well & cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
14. Add fried onion,fresh coriander,cover & cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes then mix well.
15. Garnish with fried onion,fresh coriander,green chillies,lemon,chaat masala & serve!