Peshawari Golden Pulao
Peshawari Golden Pulao Recipe
1. Ghee 2 tbs
2. Laung (Cloves) 4-5
3. Zeera (Cumin seeds) 1 tsp
4. Beef mix boti 750g
5. Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger Garlic paste) 2 tbs
6. Namak (Salt) 1 tbs or to taste
7. Lal mirch (Red chilli) crushed 1 & ½ tsp
8. Sabut dhania (Coriander seeds) 1 tbs
9. Ajwain (Carom seeds) ¼ tsp
10. Water 2 litre
11. Sabut kali mirch (Black peppercorns) ½ tbs
12. Darchini (Cinnamon sticks) 2-3
13. Hari elaichi (Green cardamom) 4-5
14. Badi elaichi (Black cardamom) 2-3
15. Zeera (Cumin seeds) ½ tbs
16. Ghee ½ Cup
17. Pyaz (Onion) sliced 1 medium
18. Kishmish (Raisins) ½ Cup
19. Safed chanay (Chickpeas) boiled 1 Cup
20. Chawal (Rice) Sella 750g (soaked for 1 hour)
21. Kishmish (Raisins) fried
1. In a pot,add ghee & let it melt.
2. Add cloves,cumin seeds & mix well.
3. Add beef mix boti & mix well until it changes color.
4. Add ginger garlic paste,mix well & cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add salt,red chilli crushed,coriander seeds,carom seeds & mix well.
6. Add water,mix well & bring it to boil,cover & cook on low flame until meat is tender (40-45 minutes).
7. Take out cooked meat & set aside (approx. 3 Cups of stock should remain) & reserve it for later use.
8. In a spice mixer,add black peppercorns,cinnamon sticks,green cardamom,black cardamom,cumin seeds,grind coarsely & set aside.
9. In a pot,add ghee & let it melt.
10. Add onion & fry until light golden.
11. Add raisins & mix well for 30 seconds.
12. Add boiled chickpeas & mix well.
13. Add ground spices (reserve approx. 1 & ½ tbs for later use) & mix well.
14. Add soaked rice & mix well.
15. Add reserved stock and mix well,bring it to boil and cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes.
16. Now add cooked meat,sprinkle reserved ground spices (1 tsp),cover with kitchen cloth & lid and cook on high flame for 2 minutes to build up steam then steam cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
17. Mix well & serve!