Phool makhanay ka Halwa
Phool makhanay ka Halwa Recipe
1. Phool makhanay (Lotus seeds) 2 & ½ Cups
2. Baisan (Gram flour) sifted ½ Cup
3. Ghee (Clarified butter) 1 tbs
4. Pista (Pistachios) sliced 10-15
5. Badam (Almonds) sliced 10-15
6. Kaju (Cashew nuts) sliced 10-15
7. hee (Clarified butter) 1 tsp
8. Khoya (unsweetened) 250g
9. Ghee (Clarified butter) ½ Cup
10. Elaichi powder (Cardamom powder) ½ tsp
11. Sugar 1 Cup or to taste
12. Pakola Full Cream Milk 1 Cup
13. Zarda ka rang (Orange food color) 1 pinch or as required
14. Chandi warq (Edible silver leaves)
15. Pista & Badam (Almonds & Pistachios) sliced
1. In a frying pan,add lotus seeds and dry roast on low flame until crispy (4-5 minutes).
2. Let it cool.
3. In a chopper,add lotus seeds,chop coarsely & set aside.
4. In a frying pan,add gram flour and dry roast on low flame until fragrant (2-3 minutes),take out in a bowl & set aside.
5. In the same frying pan,add clarified butter and let it melt.
6. Add pistachios,almonds,cashew nuts & fry for 2 minutes,take out in a bowl & set aside.
7. In the same frying pan,add clarified butter and let it melt.
8. Add khoya,mix well & cook on low flame until melts (2-3 minutes) & set aside.
9. In a wok,add clarified butter & let it melt.
10. Add coarsely chopped lotus seeds,roasted gram flour,mix well & cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
11. Add cardamom powder,mix well & cook for 2 minutes.
12. Add sugar,mix well & cook for 4-5 minutes.
13. Add milk,mix well & cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
14. Add orange food color,mix well & cook until it leaves the sides of the pot (2-3 minutes).
15. Add cooked khoya & mix well.
16. Add fried nuts & mix well.
17. Garnish with edible silver leaf,almonds & pistachios & serve!