ouzi chicken rice
ouzi chicken rice Recipe
1. Chicken boneless cubes ½ kg
2. Lehsan paste (Garlic paste) ½ tbs
3. Namak (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
4. Kali mirch powder (Black pepper powder) 1 tsp
5. Zeera powder (Cumin powder) 1 tsp
6. Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
7. Tomato paste 1-2 tbs
8. Cooking oil 2-3 tbs
9. Cooking oil 1-2 tbs
10. Badam (Almonds) peeled 15-16
11. Kishmish (Raisins) 2 tbs
12. Cooking oil 2 tbs
13. Pyaz (Onion) chopped 1 large
14. Gajar (Carrots) cubes ½ Cup
15. Matar (Peas) ½ Cup
16. Namak (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
17. Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
18. Kali mirch powder (Black pepper powder) 1 tsp
19. Elaichi powder (Cardamom powder) ¼ tsp
20. Jaifil powder (Nutmeg powder) ¼ tsp
21. Chicken cubes 2
22. Water 4 Cups or as required
23. Chawal (Rice) basmati 2 & ½ Cup (soaked)
24. Water ½ Cup
25. Samosa patti
26. Anday ki zardi (Egg yolk) whisked 1
27. Paprika powder
1. In a bowl,add chicken,garlic paste,salt,black pepper powder,cumin powder,turmeric powder,tomato paste,mix well,cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In frying pan,add cooking oil & fry marinated chicken from all sides until done & set aside.
3. In a pot,add cooking oil,almonds & fry until light golden.
4. Add raisins and fry for 30 seconds & take out for later use.
5. In the same pot,add cooking oil,onion and saute until translucent. -Add carrots,peas and mix well.
6. Add salt,turmeric powder,black pepper powder,cardamom powder,nutmeg powder and mix well.
7. Add chicken cubes,fried almonds & raisins and water,mix well & bring it to boil,cover & cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
8. Add rice & mix well.
9. Add water & bring to boil,cover & steam cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
10. In a deep bowl,arrange (overlap) samosa patti,add cooked rice,cooked chicken pieces,cooked rice & press gently.
11. Now cover the rice with samosa patti.
12. -Apply egg yolk and fold the ends of samosa patti & seal with egg yolk.
13. Flip the bowl on baking tray,apply egg yolk & sprinkle paprika powder. -Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
14. Serve hot!